Friday 4 December 2015

The Role Of Peer And Tutor Feedback

Feedbacks have always been an important part of our lives without us knowing. As we know, feedback can come in all sorts of forms. I have always viewed feedback as a burden than a positive experience as I usually treat it as a criticism more than a learning experience. However through university modules and presentations, receiving feedbacks made me realize that having feedbacks allows us to better improve ourselves from other people’s perspective. The same would be if we gave other people feedbacks.This was especially true after one such presentation during effective communications module. I was very surprised that some of the audience which included my tutor and peers liked my enthusiasm during my presentation. On the other hand, when I saw other people presenting, I had mixed feelings about their presentation and giving feedback would give them insights to work on their weaknesses and improve on their strengths.

As we know there would always be several people who would have different tastes. It is true that we cannot always please everybody, but I feel that it is important to accept criticism and improve ourselves from there. I am glad that I now see feedbacks in a different light. I will always accept feedbacks no matter how positive or negative they may be. This would better improve me as an individual as having different perspectives is always useful especially when we live in an open and diverse society. I would have to keep in mind to always show my enthusiasm when presenting. Additionally with feedbacks, there would always be room for improvement.


Through this learning outcome, I would always use feedbacks as a way of improving myself. Apart from that, I would also try my best to give appropriate feedback to those around me when I feel their actions could have room for improvement .At the same time, if they have done well I would compliment them on their work. This would be most certainly useful for future presentations and for my future careers.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Muhammad,

    After reading through your post, I must agree with you, everyone has different taste and opinion of others. To make one's feedback as useful as it could be, whether its compliment or constructive feedback. I also felt there was lots to learn from everyone as well.

    Nontheless great presentation, the second as well!

    Cheers,
    Nic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Muhammad,
    I definitely agree with you that feedback, good or bad, generally helps one to improve him/herself further. Being receptive to constructive criticism is a good skill to learn and I am glad through this module, you have become more open minded in accepting and giving feedback.
    cheers,
    Sha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Muhammad, for this brief reflection of the feedback process of SIE2016. I'm glad you see value in it.

    In line with the requirements of a critical reflection (that we discussed in class), do you have any thoughts on how you might transfer your learning from Eff Comm to assignments in other modules?

    Whatever the case, I really appreciate your hard work this term with this portfolio. :)

    ReplyDelete